How do I find my Windows OS bit count (i.e., is it 32-bit or 64-bit)?
For Windows 8, follow these steps:
- Locate the Start menu on your screen, then right-click it so the pop-up menu is displayed.
- Click on the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, locate the System icon and click it.
- Examine the information displayed in the System window, especially next to System type (as shown).
For Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Press the Start menu button on your screen.
- Locate and click the Settings (gear) icon.
- The Settings window pops up. Locate and click on the System icon.
- In the System window, locate and click on the Help item in the left bar.
- Examine the information displayed, especially next to the System type.