Returns an array of cells for the initial/quick guess of the model's parameters.
X is the univariate time series data (a one dimensional array of cells (e.g. rows or columns)).
Order is the time order in the data series (i.e. the first data point's corresponding date (earliest date=1 (default), latest date=0)).
|1||ascending (the first data point corresponds to the earliest date) (default)|
|0||descending (the first data point corresponds to the latest date)|
p is the AR component order of the model.
q is the MA component order of the model.
- The underlying model is described here.
- Warning: ARMA_GUESS() function is deprecated as of version 1.63: use ARMA_PARAM function instead.
- The time series is homogeneous or equally spaced.
- The time series may include missing values (e.g. #N/A) at either end.
- ARMA_GUESS returns the model's parameters in the following order:
- D. S.G. Pollock; Handbook of Time Series Analysis, Signal Processing, and Dynamics; Academic Press; Har/Cdr edition(Nov 17, 1999), ISBN: 125609906
- James Douglas Hamilton; Time Series Analysis; Princeton University Press; 1st edition(Jan 11, 1994), ISBN: 691042896
- Tsay, Ruey S.; Analysis of Financial Time Series; John Wiley & SONS; 2nd edition(Aug 30, 2005), ISBN: 0-471-690740
- Box, Jenkins and Reisel; Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control; John Wiley & SONS.; 4th edition(Jun 30, 2008), ISBN: 470272848
- Walter Enders; Applied Econometric Time Series; Wiley; 4th edition(Nov 03, 2014), ISBN: 1118808568