Calculates the empirical distribution function, or empirical CDF, of the sample data.
EDF(X, target, Ret_type)
- is the input data series (one/two-dimensional array of cells (e.g., rows or columns)).
- is the target value to compute the underlying CDF for.
- is a switch to select the return output (1 = CDF (default), 2 = Inverse CDF).
Order Description 1 Cumulative EDF (default). 2 Inverse Cumulative EDF.
- For the inverse cumulative EDF calculation, the target value must be between 0 and 1 (exclusive).
- The input data series may include missing values (e.g., #N/A, #VALUE!, #NUM!, empty cell), but they will not be included in the calculations.
- Balakrishnan, N., Exponential Distribution: Theory, Methods and Applications, CRC, P 18 1996.