Returns an array of cells of a time series after substituting all missing values with the mean/median.
SUBNA(X, Order, Method, Value)
- is the univariate time series data (a one dimensional array of cells (e.g. rows or columns)).
- is the time order in the data series (i.e. the first data point's corresponding date (earliest date=1 (default), latest date=0)).
Order Description 1 ascending (the first data point corresponds to the earliest date) (default) 0 descending (the first data point corresponds to the latest date)
- is an identifier for the method used to generate values for any missing data(1=mean (default), 2=median and others). For the full list of methods, visit the NumXL help file.
Value Method 1 Mean (default) 2 Median 3 Constant 4 Forward Flat 5 Backward Flat 6 Linear 7 Cubic Spline 8 Weighted Moving Average 9 Exponential Smoothing 10 Brownian Bridge
- is the data argument related to the selected treatment method (if applicable). For instance, if method is constant, then value would be the actual value.
- The time series data is homogeneous or equally spaced.
- The function operates only on intermediate missing values. Missing values on both sides are left unchanged.
- The function maintains the original time-order of the data set.
- The function returns an array equal to the size of the input data. To view the whole output, select an appropriate space in the worksheet and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.