Calculates the number of non-missing observations in a data set (X and Y).
MV_OBS(X, Mask, Y)
- is the input (explanatory) variables of the data set (two dimensional array of cells, where each column corresponds to a variable).
- is the boolean array to choose the input variables in the set. If missing, all variables in X are included.
- is the dependent variable data set (one dimensional array of cells).
- In case of a missing mask input, all variables in X are considered.
- In case the number of the size of the mask array is smaller than the number of variables in X, the array is appeded with ones to match X.
- In case the number of the size of the mask array is greater than the number of variables in X, the excess elements are dropped/ignored.
- What to do About Missing Values in Time Series Cross-Section Data , James Honaker and Gary King, American Journal of Political Science
- Hamilton, J .D.; Time Series Analysis , Princeton University Press (1994), ISBN 0-691-04289-6
- Tsay, Ruey S.; Analysis of Financial Time Series John Wiley & SONS. (2005), ISBN 0-471-690740
Article is closed for comments.