Returns the interquartile range (IQR), also called the midspread or middle fifty.
X is the input data series (one/two dimensional array of cells (e.g. rows or columns)).
- The input time series data may include missing values (e.g. #N/A, #VALUE!, #NUM!, empty cell), but they will not be included in the calculations.
- The Interquartile range is defined as follows:
- $Q_3$ is the third quartile
- $Q_1$ is the first quartile
- Interquartile range (IQR) is a robust statistic because it has a break down point of 25%. It is often preferred to the total range.
|=IQR($B$2:$B$30)||Interquartile Range (2.380)|