Examines the model's parameters for constraints (e.g. positive variance, etc.)
GLM_CHECK(Betas, Phi, Lvk)
- are the coefficients of the GLM model (a one dimensional array of cells (e.g. rows or columns)).
- is the GLM dispersion paramter. Phi is only meaningful for Binomial (1/batch or trial size) and for Guassian (variance).
Distribution PHI Gaussian Variance Poisson 1.0 Binomial Reciprocal of the batch/trial size
- is the link function that describes how the mean depends on the linear predictor (1=Identity (default), 2=Log, 3=Logit, 4=Probit, 5=Log-Log).
Link Description 1 Identity (residuals ~ Normal distribution) 2 Log (residuals ~ Poisson distribution) 3 Logit (residuals ~ Binomial distribution) 4 Probit(residuals ~ Binomial distribution) 5 Complementary log-log (residuals ~ Binomial distribution)
- The underlying model is described here.
- The GLM_CHECK function examines primarily the value of dispersion factor (Phi):
- For Poisson distribution, the dispersion factor (Phi) must be equal to 1(one).
- For Binomial distribution: the dispersion factor (Phi) must be greater than zero, and less than one.
- For Guassian distribution, the dispersion coefficient (Phi) must be positive.