Returns k objects taken (aka sampled) randomly from the input array..
X is the input data sample (one/two dimensional array of cells (e.g. rows or columns)).
K is the number of items to draw from X. If missing, Items is assumed one(1).
Replacement is the flag describing the draw mechanism: True=with replacement, False=without replacement (default). If missing, replacement is assumed false.
Seed is the seed value of the random number generator. If missing, a random number from the CPU clock is used.
KeepNA is a flag for leaving (or purging) observations with missing values (e.g. #N/A, #VALUE!, #NUM!, empty cell) found in the input data set. If missing, keepNA=False.
- The input data set may span multiple rows and/or columns, but the results is always one-dimensional array (i.e. column)..
- If the keepNA argument is set to False(0),observations with missing values (e.g. #N/A, #VALUE!, #NUM!, empty cell) in the input data set are purged prior to the choosing/sampling.
- If the replacement option is turned off, the value of the <strong>K</strong> arqument should not exceed the input data set size, otherwise NxChoose returns #N/A.
- If the keepNA argument is set to True(1), cells with missing value are preserved, and are sampled equally with other observations, and represented by #N/A in the returned array.
- The NxChoose function is available starting with version 1.66 PARSON.
- D. S.G. Pollock; Handbook of Time Series Analysis, Signal Processing, and Dynamics; Academic Press; Har/Cdr edition(Nov 17, 1999), ISBN: 125609906
- James Douglas Hamilton; Time Series Analysis; Princeton University Press; 1st edition(Jan 11, 1994), ISBN: 691042896
- Tsay, Ruey S.; Analysis of Financial Time Series; John Wiley & SONS; 2nd edition(Aug 30, 2005), ISBN: 0-471-690740
- Box, Jenkins and Reisel; Time Series Analysis: Forecasting and Control; John Wiley & SONS.; 4th edition(Jun 30, 2008), ISBN: 470272848
- Walter Enders; Applied Econometric Time Series; Wiley; 4th edition(Nov 03, 2014), ISBN: 1118808568