- The KDE function should return both the pdf and/or the cdf value for a given x-value.
- The KDE function should compute the different distribution moments, e.g. skewness, kurtosis, mode, etc.
- The KDE function should permit an optional range (MIN and/or MAX), to incorporate it in the construction.
- The KDE should calculate (via optimization) the optimal bandwidth.
- The KDE function should return a measure (e.g. MISE) of error for a given kernel and bandwidth selections.
- The KDE should support variable/adaptive bandwidth kernel density estimation.
- Examine different kernels fit, to evaluate the most efficient one for a given data set..
Didn't find what you were looking for?