The NumXL X12ARIMA wizard doesn't work properly on my work laptop. I opened the NumXL log file (%localappdata%) in notepad, and I saw the following row:
2017-04-07 10:35:50,770 ERROR [0x000025ec] - X12ARIMA.cpp(938) - NDK_X12_RUN_BATCH - Error Code:5: Access is denied.
It looks that during the X12ARIMA calculation, NumXL creates and runs a few scripts, but due to our MIS/IT corporate policy, this location (i.e. %localappdata%) is locked for running programs. Could you tell me how to change the folder location, so that X12ARIMA NumXL can work on my machine?
Yes, you are correct. NumXL uses numerous scripts (batch file, sed, awk, etc.) to create the source files needed to run the US Census X12ARIMA program.
By default, NumXL uses the current user local path (e.g. c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Spider Financial\NumXL 1.64). The folder location can be changed from the configuration file (NumXL.conf) located in NumXL installation directory:
- Using Windows explorer, go to (c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\NumXL) folder. Remember to change <username> with your actual windows username.
- Locate the NumXL.conf file
- Using your text editor (e.g. Notepad), open the NumXL conf file.
- Now, under [GLOBALS], locate the line starting with #DATAPATH, and removing the hash bound (i.e. uncomment),
- Specify the new directory where you wish NumXL to use and run its scripts (e.g. DATAPATH = C:\temp\NumXL)
- Save your changes.
- Restart Excel.
To verify that your changes have worked, open the new folder location, and examine the new file/directories created there.
Starting with version 1.67 (MARTHA), NumXL supports the latest U.S. Census X13ARIMA-SEATS seasonal adjustment software. The U.S. Census does not maintain the X12ARIMA seasonal adjustment software, and NumXL includes this model to help our customers migrate existing X12 models to the X13 equivalents.