I am using Microsoft Office 365 on Windows 10, but now, when I click on the "Solver" button in the "Data" tab (see image), a "Compile error in hidden module: SolverCode" error message pops up:
what does this mean?
We have seen this issue with few users: some did not have NumXL installed. The solver is an add-in that is bundled with the Microsoft Office suite, so this issue is an issue with Microsoft Office installation.
See our blog on this topic here: Windows 10 Cumulative Update (KB4511553)
Going forward, to address this issue, we are proposing the following:
- Uninstall NumXL from your system (go to the classic control panel)
- Uninstall Office 365 from your system.
- Reboot your system.
- Go to Windows Update, and make sure your system is up to date
- Install Office 365 (using the online installer from the Microsoft office)
- Open Excel, and enable Solver add-in (comes with MS Office)
- From the data tab, click on the solver to open it.
- As soon as Solver opens its window successfully, go ahead and install NumXL (download a new installer from our website)
Please sign in to leave a comment.